2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Monday 5 April 2010

Unexpected Generosity

During the course of our 108km audax on Saturday, we came across a couple of gentlemen from Lincoln Wheelers as they were recovering from the climb out of Tetford.

Whilst recovering on the undulations that followed, these gentlemen engaged our small group in conversation, pointing out landmarks etc, and generally introducing themselves. My wife was most in conversation with them, as I was antisocially leading out on hills. (We both believe its important to climb at your own pace, to try anyone else's either faster or slower is just more painful).

Unbeknown to me, eventually, the conversation turned to the perennial "have you been doing this for long?" and Linda explained that it was "all my fault" that she wasn't home on the sofa (as if..).

At the finish, these two sought me out and insisted I accept cash for my charity LeJog ride in the Summer. So, to Trevor and Lou (Lew?) of Lincoln Wheelers, I thank you, on behalf of Ray and myself, and on behalf of Make-a-Wish.

Isn't it nice when faith in human nature is restored?

No comments:

Post a Comment