2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Thursday 24 June 2010

Its all in the preparation

or at least, I wish it was.

The riding is all done prior to LeJoG, and the organising is well advanced, but I'm still far from ready.

Sundays Clockwise Cotswold Outing was a cracking last Audax to prepare, especially the practice for riding into a headwind over the last 25km. It also marked Mrs H's 5th 100km ride of the year, though worryingly we were both more tired than we felt we should have been afterwards.

I have twinging hamstrings and aching knees, but shall remain in denial and convince myself that these are pre-big-ride nerves showing up.

GPS is programmed, twitter feed is up (see right) and drop bags for JoG have been dispatched. Now all I have to do is:

1. Get my kit together
2. Realise it weighs far too much
3. Decide which half to throw out
4. Repeat 1-3
5. End up with the real essentials that can be carried in a Carradice under the saddle.
6. Get to Cornwall

Hopefully, the patience of my wife and father-in-law will not be tested by the drive back from Cornwall, which should coincide with the England-Germany game on Sunday. Here's hoping for a quiet motorway.

Schedule is being worked on now and will be posted shortly.

Why can't Monday be further away?

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is a tough one but I know you can do it. All the very best for the journey. Can't wait to read about the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it will be over before I know it (or am I just hoping).

    If I don't catch you before the Etape, Good Luck, I'm sure you'll absolutely pi$$ it.

    Thanks for the generous donation.

    Clive

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure and many thanks for the Etape good wishes. What you will do next week is truly inspirational stuff, all the best again.

    ReplyDelete