2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Sunday 21 March 2010

Hoping

that 'stuff' doesn't really come in threes.

Last Saturday, I lent my eldest son my hybrid bike for Uni. By Monday he was phoning in a right state to inform me it no longer had any wheels. That will teach us not to remember it has (or at least had) quick releases on both wheels.

Good news. I now know how to assemble wheels with disc brakes. They even work, as does the new rear cassette what I fitted myself. Thanks Chain Reaction Cycles, you did me proud.

I arrived home after today's 99 miles to be greeted by son number 3. Any conversation that starts with "Dad, you're not going to like this" inevitably ends badly. His rear derailleur on his MTB was in his rear spokes. One of the pivots had failed, and the derailleur had effectively exploded. Since the bike had been effectively dragged home, the rear tyre is also no longer salvageable.

Dear Chain Reaction Cycles, I would like:
1 new rear derailleur (cheap)
1 new chain
1 new Schwalbe Fat Frank Tyre

I would also like to know how to fit a new rear derailleur. I guess I'm about to find out.

Lets also hope that 'stuff' number 3 is just a puncture.

No comments:

Post a Comment