2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Thursday 18 March 2010

Weigh in 18th March

Tonight is the 'long' awaited (seems like a long time) rematch with the physician to assess whether I can be released from the diet or not. It's strange, but having kept to it now for just over 5 weeks without a single lapse, I suspect I may keep it going anyway. At least, I'll keep it going when I'm not on a long ride. I think I might just have to fuel properly to be able to keep riding.

This mornings weigh-in delivered an unexpected loss of 1.6kg, despite a lunch out on Monday. Just goes to show that even the choices one makes when faced with an extensive all-you-can-eat buffet can make a difference.

Hopefully, I can be doing the Cheshire Cat at around 104kg, and starting the Etape du Dales in May at below 100 would be great. I remember what Fleets Moss was like last year hauling 110kg. Not good.

Miles ridden since last Thursday are precisely zero, leaving me on 606 for the year to date, when the average required for my 5,000 mile target would have me on 1,050 by the end of this week. In an attempt to eat into the 444 mile deficit, I shall be checking one of my April Audax routes on Saturday for 97 miles, and hopefully getting out on the road with my wife on Sunday for another 25-ish. Lets see if the weather will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment