2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Sunday 14 March 2010

Mixed Fortunes

Following last weekends bonk-shortened ride, I have only managed to get out 2 lunchtimes this week, though on both occasions we completed the full 19 mile loop from the office.

This route is far from hilly, but it isn't flat either, containing 236 meters (775 feet) of climbing over its full course, including two short bits at 10%. Enough to make a fat bloke out of breath. Tuesday saw three of us out, and judicious slipstreaming saw me back in 1:02:30, which I thought must be close to a PB over that course. Looking back, I note that in Etape year, I did 1:02:00 on two occasions, so I just missed it. Given that Tuesday was fairly windy, I was not too unhappy.

Thursday saw our number reduced to just two, but without the wind being so strong, I got back in 1:00:49 for another decent improvement. Just shy of 19mph over the hour, as the course is fractionally over 19 miles. Chuffed.

Thursday was weigh-in day, too, for another 1kg (2.2lb) loss in the week. Even better, I got my dates wrong, and I might be free to carbo-load on rides from this coming Thursday, a week earlier than I was counting on.

The only down side, is that I read a couple of days ago that heavy exercise whilst calorie restricted can be detrimental to the immune system. I should never have read it, I now have a cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment