2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Hells Bells!!

I just tried the Downward Spiral from Sufferfest.

I couldn't finish it. I couldn't even finish the first set of intervals. By the time I got to the 45 second interval my heart rate was at max and not coming down on the warm-downs. Game over.

Tomorrow I must try to go further.

That said, in the 23 minutes I survived, wattage peaked at 525 and was kept above 300 for the first 2 minute interval, total calories were 225 (not many I know) and 11km covered. If I can get to the point where I can finish one of these, I will know that I'm much fitter. That and the fact that perhaps at the moment I don't need to push it quite as hard.

2 comments:

  1. All this talk of high intensity work is making me nervous! I'm in my base training phase and keeping my heart rate down. Sufferfest sounds like much more fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave the other Sufferfest offering a go (Fight Club) last week. By the time I finished the last effort I was almost sick to my stomach. Bags of fun though - can't wait to give it another try!

    ReplyDelete