2011 miles ticker

The Largely Irrelevant Weight-loss ticker

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Spiralling Downwards

After an intended rest day yesterday, I had set myself the target of completing the Sufferfest Downward Spiral this evening, but on arriving back from work, felt not the least bit like it.

Nonetheless, I did the difficult stuff and set up the Turbo and got changed. I often find this bit the most difficult bit of all. Once I'm clad in ridiculous looking lycra, and the turbo program is running, I might as well do it. Sure enough, once the fumping choons started, the legs were hitting the cadence of the beat, and I was off.

A week is a long time in politics, or so they say. It is also a long time in terms of training benefit (obviously) and this regime, if kept to, might actually make a half-decent (veteran) cyclist out of me.

I was helped this week by the fact that my ingenious wife worked out how to get both the SF video and the Tacx Catalyst running together on screen (yes, she too has been sneakily sufferfesting) and this week I could monitor my output by stats more than by feel. The results speak for themselves (last week in brackets)

Average Speed 31.0kmh (28.3)
Distance 31.899km (29.326)
Calories 655 (556)
Cadence 80.6 (75)

Chuffed but knackered.

2 comments:

  1. Ha, 'fumpin choons', lol. Good to see those numbers improving. Soon you'll be doing the double (DS and FC back to back). I just looked up the Tacx Catalyst stuff and it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly Catalyst is very good, but then it should be given the cost of the unit. That said, you also get it with the slightly cheaper iMagic, though I don't know about the others in the Tacx range.

    I currently can't picture the purgatory of DS and FC back-to-back, though I know it has been done (by those far fitter than myself)

    I don't think I've ever experienced a pick-up like that in just a week, but then I've never really trained like this either.....

    ReplyDelete